If your computer is infected with this worm, you may not experience any symptoms, or you may experience any of the following symptoms:
- Account lockout policies are being tripped.
- Automatic Updates, Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS), Windows Defender, and Error Reporting Services are disabled.
- Domain controllers respond slowly to client requests.
- The network is congested.
- Various security-related Web sites cannot be accessed.
- Various security-related tools will not run. For a list of known tools, visit the following Microsoft Web page, and then click the Analysis tab for information about Win32/Conficker.D. For more information, visit the following Microsoft Web page:
For more information about Win32/Conficker, visit the following Microsoft Malware Protection Center Web page: